A few weeks ago, I posted Test Pages, Not Workflows. Since then, I’ve been doing just that, with much success.
My page, I can say without revealing anything proprietary, is the application’s Users page, for which I’m adding eight page-specific tests:
- Evaluate page initial state:
- Page has correct menu bar and footer elements.
- Expected buttons are present and have correct enabled/disabled state.
- User list (table) is present.
- User list has correct column headers.
These tests perform several hundred verifications, which covers the page and its operation completely.
Can you spell D-R-Y? With these tests in hand, no other test will ever have to verify anything on this page.
Now on to the next page!